To marry in Australia you must be 18 years of age or over. Documents required consist of:
- Birth Certificate
- Valid 10 year passport
- If divorced - decree absolute
- If widowed - death certificate of former spouse and previous marriage certificate
- If your name has changed by deed poll - legal proof
- Notice of intended marriage - available from Australian Embassy in your country
- Notice of intended marriage (NOIM) - download form
Fees and Celebrant Inclusions for locations
A deposit of $500.00 is required to confirm a booking and also a completed NOIM form which you can download off of the government site in the links below for your wedding day and a final payment of $380 is required at least 2 weeks prior to the wedding day - Any additional costs for travel will be agreed at first appointment.
My services include:
- Designing a unique personally written ceremony
- Preparation of all documents prior, during and after the ceremony
- Communication costs
- Up to two meetings in advance of the wedding and attendance at the ceremony, in some cases this will be via internet and phone
- Flexibility with the location and the time of the day or evening that you choose to get married (I have performed weddings all over Australia).
- I will be there at least 30 minutes prior to your ceremony start time to ensure that everything and everyone is ready.
- I will be able to welcome guests and lead to the area chosen for the ceremony
- Lodgement of your documents with the Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages
Any other special requirements to be discussed and everything is totally private and confidential. Remember this is all about the two of you and what you both would like to have for your wedding day.
Civil Marriage Celebrant (Authorised; Celebrant license number A8572)
PO Box 1
Babinda QLD 4861
Mobile Phone: 0408903104
Email: [email protected]
Cancelation and change to date fee of the deposit will occur for all cancelations or date changes made with less than 8 weeks notice. Wedding Insurance is recommended to avoid any last minute cancelation fees.
- Attorney General (Federal) www.familylaw.gov.au
- Immigration Federal www.immigration.gov.au
- Births, Deaths, Marriages (State of Qld) www.justice.qld.gov.au/bdm